Homepage - FAQ - Album und Bilddatenbank - Links - Impressum
ForenindexForenindex Mitglieder Mitglieder   Suche Suche   F.A.Q. F.A.Q.   Registrieren Registrieren    Chat Chat   Anmelden Anmelden
Forenindex » International Bulletin boards » Technical topics » AUX input on Espace
Anzeigen: Heutige Beiträge  :: Abstimmungen anzeigen :: Beitragsnavigator
Zur Baumansicht dieses Themas wechseln Ein neues Thema erstellen Antwort abschicken

AUX input on Espace [message #42586] Thu, 02 November 2006 17:26 Zum nächsten Beitrag gehen
Gast
Hi all,
my name is Enrico, happy user of a Renault Espace 2005, with cd changer and navigator system.
I'm looking for some way to connect an auxiliary input at the car system, such as an mp3 player or an iPod.
1) Is there already an auxiliary input ? Where?
2) Which solution as add-on can be used? I found this one known as "audo connection box" from Evisteon http://www.visteon.com/europe/de/newsroom/press/2006/060912_ 7.shtml

but I couldn't find out where to order it on the web or if I can mount it by myself. It alos looke like this soultion is NOT compatible with cars that has navigation system.
3) Any other external auxiliary input to be added ?

Please consider I don't speak German, maybe you already spoke about this in the forum but I can't understand! Thanks!
enrico

enrico@enricoferrari.it
Re: AUX input on Espace [message #42603 antworten auf 42586 ] Thu, 02 November 2006 19:34 Zum vorherigen Beitrag gehenZum nächsten Beitrag gehen
Gerhard S. ist gerade offline Gerhard S.
Espace-Verrückter
dear enrico,
the USB Audio interface from Visteon
is NOT possible for you if you have already built-in a radio-audio of types
Carminat Navigation system,
Cabasse-models.

Otherways the USB Audio interface from Visteon is compatible with all other Renault radios.
Ask:
England & Skandinavia
Jonna Christensen
(+44) 1268-70 1094
jchris18@visteon.com

You give your Espace, Vel Satis, Laguna, Scénic, Mégane, Modus, Clio, Twingo to the Renault-dealer, they disconnect your (multi-)cd-drive. And build in the Audio Connection Box into the glove box. In the same order and way you handled the CD up to this point, you will now handle the Audio Connection Box with the same components. With the same key-strokes, same steering weel controls, same RC-control and so on.
The physical connection ports are now:
USB (same as USB ports in personal computers),
iPod (addon: 9-Pin DIN-connector),
Aux-In (addon: 9-Pin DIN-connector);

audio formats are: MP3, WMA, WAV and Ogg Vorbis;

firmware for the box, upgrades(also at a later time), new audio-formats, can be submitted by USB-stick.

They guarantee CD-audio quality (if input has HiFi, of course Wink ).

They have 170 offices in 24 counties.

mfg Gerhard S.

Micro-Van WagonR+ MM 1.3 150.000km
***R.I.P.*** JE0H Grand '99, 2.2dT, ehemals 360.000km
Re: AUX input on Espace [message #42607 antworten auf 42603 ] Thu, 02 November 2006 19:57 Zum vorherigen Beitrag gehenZum nächsten Beitrag gehen
Gast
dear enrico,
the USB Audio interface from Visteon
is NOT possible for you if you have already built-in a radio-audio of types
Carminat Navigation system,
Cabasse-models.

yes, I have a Carminati Navigation System, so which solution would you suggest me to connect an external audio device to my Espace?
Re: AUX input on Espace [message #42614 antworten auf 42586 ] Thu, 02 November 2006 20:13 Zum vorherigen Beitrag gehenZum nächsten Beitrag gehen
Gerhard S. ist gerade offline Gerhard S.
Espace-Verrückter
dear enrico,
next idea is a UKW-transcoder.
The basic function is:
A FM-box (like the Audio Connection Box) transmits a (quartz-stabilisized, justable,) ultra high frequency signal. I say for perhaps 102,00 MHz. You catch now your new FM-station-box in tuner/radio in the same way as all other stations. Shure with CD-quality.

This ulta short wave transcoder is not connected by wire with your radio equipment.

The only problem I see, is: In Germany we have UKW-radio- frequency range from 88,00 up to 108,00 MHz.

I don't now the GB frequencies.

mfg Gerhard S.

[Aktualisiert am: Thu, 02 November 2006 22:48]

Micro-Van WagonR+ MM 1.3 150.000km
***R.I.P.*** JE0H Grand '99, 2.2dT, ehemals 360.000km
Re: AUX input on Espace [message #42630 antworten auf 42614 ] Thu, 02 November 2006 20:55 Zum vorherigen Beitrag gehenZum nächsten Beitrag gehen
Gast
dear enrico,
next idea is a UKW-transcod
er.

Thanks again.
But: do you know why the Visteon interface is not compatible with models with Garmin Navigator? Is it only a question of space or cable/electronics?

Re: AUX input on Espace [message #42649 antworten auf 42586 ] Thu, 02 November 2006 22:27 Zum vorherigen Beitrag gehenZum nächsten Beitrag gehen
Gast
Zitat:

In the same order and way you handled the CD up to this point, you will now handle the Audio Connection Box with the same components. With the same key-strokes, same steering weel controls, same RC-control and so on.

Maybe because this.
USB Audio interface from Visteon is designed to cooperate with the Renault Radios only.
The pure audio wire would be a simple 3,5mm connector.

But many people wish handsfree handy fun. And Visteon supplies Radio Tuner CD-/MP3-player with bluetooth for mobiles. Visteon SD-6320. USB is for these people not main interest.

Selfmade-men could fix out the stereo line from CD-Player. If one wants to do something, he will find a way, soon oder later. But don't ask me, because I'm not owner of Carminat Navigation system or Cabasse-model.

You're a excellent car-driver and I suggest a all-in-one solution from Visteon: video/audio/radio/mobile & monitor, usb...

mfg Gerhard S.

icon7.gif  Re: AUX input on Espace [message #264787 antworten auf 42586 ] Mon, 02 April 2012 21:00 Zum vorherigen Beitrag gehen
Gast
Hi

you need to watch this video.
It explains how to get an AUX connection.
I prepared my Espace today and it did work perfectly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRbzPPLXRa4

cheers
  Zur Baumansicht dieses Themas wechseln Ein neues Thema erstellen Antwort abschicken
Vorheriges Thema:Grand Espace 2,2td Head Gasket (ZKD) change ?
Nächstes Thema:Can I trust on a new 2,2cdi engine?
Gehe zum Forum:

-=] Zurück zum Anfang [=-
[ Druckbares PDF erzeugen ] [ Themen als Syndicate anderen Seiten zur Verfügung stellen (XML) ] [ ]

aktuelle Zeit: Sat Jan 20 02:15:04 CET 2018

Insgesamt benötigte Zeit, um die Seite zu erzeugen: 0.01371 Sekunden
.:: Meldungen ans Forenteam :: Forumsindex ::.